Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Easiest. Dessert. Ever.

I have a bit of a sweet tooth, but I'm more of a baked goods than candy bar kinda gal.  Unfortunately, when I want chocolate...I want it now.  Sometimes I fall back on a childhood treat of melting chocolate chips and then eating it with a spoon.  When I'm feeling more sophisticated I skip the melting and snack on chocolate chips while I sip wine.  A few weeks ago I was craving chocolate & there were NO chocolate chips in the house!  I did have a dark chocolate candy bar in the pantry but I kept searching and came across puff pastry in the freezer(& a lightbulb over my head!)  Here is the easiest dessert ever:

Puff Pastry & a chocolate bar of your preference.

Unfold the puff pastry, line the chocolate in the middle once the puff pastry has thawed, and then fold the puff pastry back up.  I sealed the edges by pressing on them, and baked at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.  You probably should bake it a litte longer, but I am impatient & quite frankly my pastry a little gooey in the middle sounds fantastic.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment