Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bargain Fashion Inspiration

Let me start by saying I don't consider myself to be fashionable.  However, before I had a baby I at least tried...most of the time.  Ok, sometimes.  Now I'm all about comfort, staying warm (upstate NY winters), and cheap. 

Today I came across a blog that has given me new inspiration.  It's called The Pretty Life Anonymous. (http://prettylifeanonymous.blogspot.com/)  The two sisters who write The Pretty Life Anonymous were guest bloggers on another blog I've recently been following (http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/).  The topic was 'Looking fab on a budget.'  The sisters took two stylish, but pricey outfits and created a 'redo' at a fraction of the cost!  Bargain shopping - this is sooo my cup of tea!  My Mother worked at a consignment shop when I was growing up and taught me bargain shopping at an early age.  Once I began shopping with my own money I found it difficult to buy anything if it wasn't on sale.  Not for lack of money but for the shopping values instilled by my Mom.  I still have difficulty spending a lot of money on a single item.  Earlier this year I bought a Coach bag, on clearance for $200.  I looked at it sitting on my kitchen island for two weeks before eventually returning it.  Anywho, my point is...the Pretty Life Anonymous Blog gives me new inspiration to 'try' again.  I CAN still dress fashionable on a budget, even with a kid!

Did I mention they also do giveaways???  
http://prettylifeanonymous.blogspot.com/2012/01/monday-giveaway.html

No comments:

Post a Comment