Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

A 'new' green diaper

I use cloth diapers on my one year old 99% of the time, but there are occasions that even I use disposable diapers.  When I do, I try to use a green/organic/biodegradable option, both for my little guy's sensitive skin, and the environment.  So, when I saw Jessica Alba on CBS morning news talking about her new line of baby products that use no harsh chemicals I was more than intrigued.  The Honest Company produces disposable diapers, wipes, shampoo, laundry detergent, hand soap and beyond all made with all-natural, organic, non-toxic ingredients.  I quickly went to the website and got started ordering my free trial of diapers & wipes!


First observation - SUPER CUTE!  Cute is one of the things I love about cloth so I'm all about these cute designs instead of plain white or brown diapers.  These are the boy designs; the girl designs are equally as cute.  We gave them a try.


Landon was curiously checking out his new style.  The diaper is very well made and a good fit.  It also did its job in keeping everything insid.!  The only downside, in my opinion, is the monthly subscription to the diapers.  If I only used disposable diapers I would be thrilled!  Automatically delivery and not having to go to the store?  Awesome!  The price seems reasonable too (I think - remember I cloth diaper) at $79.95/month.  After speaking with customer service (who was super friendly!) I learned they are working on getting an online store up and running too.  Yay!  I am curious to try the bath soap & lotion for my guy's sensitive skin, as well as the dish & laundry soap. 

Perhaps the best fact about the company is that every purchase helps a non-profit, Baby2Baby, who supplies families in need with baby essentials such as gear, clothing, & diapers.

I am impressed on all accounts.  If only they made cloth diapers too!  If you are curious too, just go to www.honest.com.

2 comments:

  1. I like that they support the non profit. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're cute, but I'm not comfortable with the whole "subscribe" thing. I don't like having to enter my credit card number to "try" something. But great review. And I'm following you now. :-)

    ReplyDelete