Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Driving in the fast lane

My husband and I can't do anything simple.  Period.  I should have known this when we were planning a wedding, buying a house, and job searching at the same time several years ago.  I wrote a week or so ago about us staying put for another two years.  No change, no moving, just life staying simple where we are.  Well clearly that wasn't interesting enough for us!  In a round-about discussion I mentioned that since we are PCSing across the country directly following this deployment it might be nice to go home to Virginia, especially having a 6 month old, 2 year old, and 2 BIG, high maintenance dogs to take care of.  This sounds like a pretty reasonable plan, right?  The catch?  The best time to sell our house is now.  While we are pregnant with number two, and a good 6-9 months away from when I would move back to Virginia. 

Now we're talking fun! So if all goes as planned (but we all know it won't) we will sell our house, find temporary housing for the next 6-9 months, and begin looking for a rental in Virginia for me, the kiddos, and dogs.  As crazy as it all sounds, I'm really looking forward to being down South for a year and having the kids close to family.  I guess our short time in the military has prepared me for temporary living and it doesn't bother me. Although I'm not denying the next several months are going to be a little crazy.  It definitly beats trying to sell the house and move on my own next yeah while the husband is deployed.

Here's to driving in the fast lane and keeping life interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment