Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Operation Get Fit - one week check-in


I meant to write this post yesterday but I was so zonked from the Superbowl party we hosted that even after 3 cups of coffee I took a two hour nap.  That's a small miracle because 1) I never take naps and 2) my 2 year old and 3 month old were napping too!  Honestly I felt worse when I woke up but obviously I needed it, so yes...I did nothing yesterday.  As for the rest of the week I feel like I did pretty good.

Monday - this DVD workout I bought after I had Landon but hadn't yet embraced home workouts.
Wednesday - ran 2 miles outside! (it was oddly warm enough) and tried to tag along with a friend for  a functional fitness class.
Friday - oh, whoops?!  I forgot to workout.
Saturday - I started a February Burpee Challenge -


 
Monday - like I said.  Nothing.
Tuesday - I just did my 20 burpees and this workout posted on youngmarriedchic.com today.

I'm pretty sure if similar workouts are posted every week, youngmarriedchic.com will be my go-to for Tuesday workouts.

I mentioned above learning to embrace working out at home.  Honestly I've always hated working out at home.  This past week has reminded me that is why it took me until Spring to start working after Landon was born.  Now with two little ones and these frigid temps it's VERY likely that at least one day a week sickness or mother nature are going to prevent me from going to the gym.  Darn you North Country Weather!  Sooo...I'm learning to embrace home workouts.  I think if I can try something new then I don't mind so much where before I tried to do the same DVD workout over and over.  BOR-ING!  I haven't weighed in yet because right now the focus is getting myself to workout.  Period. 

Here's to many positive workouts for the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment