Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Tribute

Just over 6 months ago, my Father-in-law lost a VERY short battle with cancer.  My husband was in Afghanistan when his Dad was diagnosed and when he passed.  You can read more about that here http://thelitlething.blogspot.com/2012/01/year-of-challenge-and-celebration.html

Today is about a tribute.  My Father-in-law was President of a local volunteer fire department and a teacher/mentor to fiirefighters within a 100+ mile radius.  He served nearly 30 years with the fire department with one of his sons serving as Chief, and his other son, my husband, serving as a line officer before joining the Army.  In short, he dedicated his life to the fire fighting.  Recently the department held their annual banquet and played the video below recapping 2011 with a special tribute to my husband's Father.  If you are interested, skip to about 3:30 in the video. 

It's evident how many lives he touched during his time here on earth and it shows me where my husband got his sense of duty & service.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-mfmOaO9nI&feature=share

No comments:

Post a Comment