Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Present & Future

It is so easy to get caught up in what might happen in the future and wish away the present. 

Hubby & I have been antsy since December about a possible next step in his military career.  A possible next step that we won't hear about until the end of April.  I thought these months would be torturous, waiting and wondering every single day.  It's a career move that Chris really wants and I really want it for him.  I have the moving itch and I'm ready for something new.  Everyday I hear about another family moving away from here.  This career move would mean a lot more training and a much more distrupted schedule.  On the other hand, it's possible that the next 'move' doesn't happen at all and we stay here even longer. 

It occurred to me last night as our little family sat around the dinner table promptly at 5:30pm - You know, we have it pretty good right now.  Chris doesn't have to go into work very early and he's almost always home between 5:30-6:00pm.  We have dinner together, playtime with Landon, and watch Jeopardy & Wheel of Fortune.  Life is good!

I can't make April arrive any faster so I'm going to take a step back and enjoy what we have.  Afterall I can't let one single day in April determine my happiness. 

It's the little things, each and every day, that make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment